NOTE: You can find an updated version of these listings here.
April is National Poetry Month, which means that readings and classes abound. Here are my top picks:
- If you’re in Cambridge/Somerville (aka Camberville), I recommend checking out a reading with Cervena Barva Press and First and Last Word Poetry at Arts at the Armory. Gloria Mindock’s press is a Boston institution.
- The Boston Public Library holds a festival April 7-10 with oodles of poets and musicians and free admission. Boston’s own national slam winner Regie Gibson headlines.
- If you’re in the JP/Roslindale area, be sure to check out the Rozzi Reads open mic TOMORROW, March 31, 7pm, at Roslindale House, just down the street from the library.
- I’m conducting a one-time workshop at the Roslindale Public Library on Saturday, April 23, 12 noon to 1:45 pm. In my unbiased opinion, you’ll have a great time.
- If you’re near Salem, the Mass Poetry Festival puts the cherry on the poetry sundae with its end-of-the-month conference. This year it’s April 29 to March 1.
Listings follow. All venues are in Massachusetts (USA) unless otherwise noted: Continue reading “April 2016 Poetry Readings in Boston MA and Environs”