If you are a poet in the Boston area looking for a workshop, here’s an opportunity for you. Boston Harbor Poets meets one evening a month at the main branch of the Boston Public Library. They have openings for new members. If you’re interested in getting – and giving – honest, thoughtful feedback on poems, please email email@example.com, telling a little bit about yourself and your writing experience. Please include three to five pieces, either as attachments or by cutting and pasting them into the body of the email. The group will be in touch if it looks like there’s a good fit.
So back when this was more of a personal blog than a poetry-related one, this is a thing I wrote. Sometimes I like to go back and read my own journals. Is that so wrong?
- Haiku improves with practice.
- Poetry is real work.
- Sometimes work is gentle, easy, and takes hardly any time.
- Sometimes work is hard and grueling and difficult.
- Sometimes I forget to do things I said I was going to do
- Instead of hating on myself or giving up, I can just start doing them again.[read more]