A few months ago, Mass Poetry flattered me by asking me to be a regional representative for Suffolk County. If you have a poetry group or event in the Boston area that is open to the public, please feel free to add a comment with your information, or fill out my contact form.
Here’s a brief round-up of happenings at the 2017 festival, just two weeks away, Friday to Sunday, May 5 – 7, in Salem, Mass.
- Raining Poetry with submissions from the Migration Poetry contest
- Just Spring, a site-specific installation from Colleen Michaels and Stacy Thomas-Vickory
- Elle Villanelle’s Poetry Bordello (pictured above)
- a documentary on Malcolm Miller
- a slam performance from poets in colleges throughout the area
- the Rabbit Heart Poetry Film Festival Spring Matinee
- the Shakespeare Speakeasy
- and of course the Small Press and Literary Fair on Saturday, in addition to the nearly 100 sessions including panels, group readings, and workshops.
This year’s headliners are: Louise Glück · Eileen Myles · Kazim Ali · Andrea Cohen · Cornelius Eady and Rough Magic · Ross Gay · Rigoberto González · Aimee Nezhukumatathil · Emily Pettit · Tom Sleigh · Dara Wier.
Tickets are $20 General Admission, $7 Senior or Student, with a $10 additional fee to attend any workshops over the weekend.
Check out the full schedule, get all the details on venues, and purchase tickets at the Mass Poetry website.